Weekly Maritime Summary September 21 – 27 2021
The Securewest Global Response Center (GRC) recorded 9 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of September 21 – 27, 2021:
The following incidents were recorded:
- 21-SEP-21 – Boarding – Anchored tanker boarded at Balikpapan Anchorage, Indonesia.
- 21-SEP-21 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 194 migrants intercepted in English Channel.
- 21-SEP-21 – Drugs Interdiction – 181kg of cocaine and heroin seized in Dover, United Kingdom.
- 22-SEP-21 – Migrant and Refugee – Eight suspected migrants found dead in Almeria, Spain.
- 22-SEP-21 – Migrant and Refugee – 459 migrants intercepted in the English Channel.
- 23-SEP-21 – General Security Warning – MDAT GoG released warning notice 001/SEP/2021. – Link
- 23-SEP-21 – Robbery – Unlocked dinghy with outboard was stolen in Anse La Roche Bay, Grenada.
- 23-SEP-21 – Drugs Interdiction – 8kg of cocaine seized in Port of Tanger-Med Morocco.
- 26-SEP-21 – Suspicious Approach – MV approached 190nm S of Port Harcourt, Nigeria
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|
|Suspicious Approach: All other unexplained activity in close proximity by an unknown vessel.|
|General Security Warning: Warnings/Incidents which do not fit in the other categories but enhance the situational awareness.|
What next – contact us
Please get in touch for further information and to discuss your requirements.