Weekly Maritime Summary October 19 – 25 2020
The Securewest Global Response Center (GRC) recorded five maritime related incidents during the reporting period of October 19 – 25, 2020:
- 19-OCT-20 – Robbery – At 01:17 UTC, the anchored container ship Maersk Rubicon was robbed in position 04 45 18 S, 011 49 57 E, Pointe-Noire, Republic of Congo.
- 22-OCT-20 – Boarding – At 07:58 UTC, there are unconfirmed reports that the MT ERRINA was boarded in position 00 41 42 N, 003 27 00 E, approximately 180 NM WNW of Sao Tome and Principe.
- 23-OCT-20 – Migrant and Refugee – Border Force dealt with four incidents involving 33 people, understood to be migrants in the English Channel.
- 25-OCT-20 – Hijacking – The Liberian flagged chemical tanker NAVE ANDROMEDA was involved in an incident in position 50 35 23 N, 000 59 20 W, 20 nm SW Gosport in the English Channel.
- 25-OCT-20 – Boarding – At 23:09hrs, an underway bulk carrier SEAJOURNEY was boarded approximately 3.1nm from Nongsa Point, Pulau Batam, Indonesia.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
|Hijacking: Unauthorized seizure and retention of a vessel by persons not part of its complement.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
What next – contact us
Please get in touch for further information and to discuss your requirements.