Weekly Maritime Summary October 12 – 18 2021
The Securewest Global Response Center (GRC) recorded 9 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of October 12 -18, 2021:
The following incidents were recorded:
- 12-OCT-21 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 15 migrants die attempting to cross Mediterranean from Libya.
- 14-OCT-21 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Four people die after migrant boat sank near Cadiz, Spain.
- 14-OCT-21 – Boarding – Chemical tanker boarded near Batam Island, Indonesia.
- 15-OCT-21 – Drugs Interdiction – 115 kilos of cocaine intercepted at port of Rotterdam.
- 16-OCT-21 – Migrant Refugee Incident – Migrants detained after crossing the English Channel.
- 17-OCT-21 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Spanish Coast Guard rescued 45 migrants and took them to El Agujero, Gran Canaria.
- 18-OCT-21 – Drugs Interdiction – 5.2 tonnes of cocaine seized in the Atlantic Ocean.
- 18-OCT-21 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 50 migrants rescued off the Libyan coast.
- 18-OCT-21 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 213 migrants rescued in the English Channel.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
What next – contact us
Please get in touch for further information and to discuss your requirements.