Weekly Maritime Summary June 8 – 14 2021
The Securewest Global Response Center (GRC) recorded 5 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of June 8 – 14, 2021:
- 09-JUN-21 – Migrant and Refugee – The UK Home Office reported that six small boats carrying 179 migrants crossed the English Channel.
- 12-JUN-21 – Migrant and Refugee – The UK Home Office confirmed that it had dealt with a small boat incident today involving 39 people.
- 12-JUN-21 – Migrant and Refugee – Over 1,000 migrants who were traveling in boats on the Mediterranean Sea were rescued and returned to Libya.
- 13-JUN-21 – Migrant and Refugee – More than 400 migrants have been rescued from the Mediterranean by a vessel run by the medical charity Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF).
- 14-JUN-21 – Migrant and Refugee – Fishermen in Yemen’s Lahj province confirmed that they had recovered 25 bodies in the water near Ras al-Ara. A boat with between 160 and 200 people on board had overturned in the area.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
What next – contact us
Please get in touch for further information and to discuss your requirements.