Weekly Maritime Summary June 29 – July 5 2020
The Securewest Global Response Center (GRC) recorded six maritime related incidents during the reporting period of June 29 to July 5 2020:
- 29-JUN-20 – Suspicious Approach – An underway container ship was approached by a 10-metre grey skiff with four persons onboard approximately 27 NM SW of Aden, Yemen.
- 30-JUN-20 – Robbery – The anchored bulk carrier Frederike Oldendorff was robbed in Nacala Anchorage, Mozambique.
- 01-JUL-20 – Robbery – An underway reefer vessel FRIO OLYMPIC was boarded in the Singapore Strait on route to Dalian, China. Four robbers armed with knives were sighted on deck, the alarm was raised, and they escaped.
- 02-JUL-20 – Kidnapping – Reporting indicates that the FPSO tanker SENDJE BERGE has been attacked approximately 57 NM SE of Brass, Nigeria, by unknown armed men, with up to 11 personnel kidnapped.
- 02-JUL-20 – Kidnapping – Reporting indicates that the general cargo vessel KOTA BUDI was boarded by heavily armed men approximately 152 NM S of Cotonou, Benin in the Gulf of Guinea, resulting in the kidnap of 5 crew.
- 02-JUL-20 – General Security Warning – ReCAAP have issued a warning via the Philippine Coast Guard RECAAP Warning 02-2020.
|Kidnapping: Unauthorized forcible removal of persons belonging to the vessel from it.|
|General Security Warning: Incidents which do not fit in the other categories, but enhance the situational awareness, e.g. flag state advisories or an attack on a non- commercial vessel such as a warship.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Suspicious Approach: All other unexplained activity in close proximity by an unknown vessel.|
What next – contact us
Please get in touch for further information and to discuss your requirements.