Weekly Maritime Summary April 13 – 19 2021
The Securewest Global Response Center (GRC) recorded 10 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of April 13 – 19, 2021:
- 13-APR-21 – Robbery – A dinghy with a 30 HP outboard was stolen in Saint Martin Orient Bay.
- 13-APR-21– Migrant and Refugee – Dozens of migrants arrived at Dover after being brought to shore by Border Force officials as they crossed the English Channel in small boats.
- 14-APR-21 – Robbery – The anchored LPG tanker SEA SUCCESS was boarded and robbed by three assailants in Callao Anchorage off the coast of Lima in Peru.
- 14-APR-21 – General Security Warning – Israeli and Arab media reports say an Israeli-owned vessel has been involved in an incident off the coast of the United Arab Emirates, East of Fujairah.
- 15-APR-21 – Robbery – An in the water dinghy and a 15HP Yamaha outboard were stolen from a catamaran in Martinique, St Anne.
- 16-APR-21 – Robbery – An unlocked AB dinghy with a 30 HP outboard was stolen from pier one dock in Trinidad and Tobago.
- 16-APR-21 – Maritime Information Advisory – UKMTO Notice 006/APR/2021 advises that a firing practice will be carried out between 19 and 20 April 2021 – Link
- 16-APR-21 – Migrant and Refugee – At least 41 people, including a child, drowned when a boat capsized off the Tunisian coast while trying to reach Italy.
- 16-APR-21 – Robbery – The underway ship IONNA L was attacked approximately 36 nm E of Port of Singapore. Four intruders boarded the ship, injured the fourth engineer, fleeing afterwards with engine spares.
- 19-APR-21 – Maritime Information Advisory – Firing practice will be carried out between 0800 and 1200 UTC in an area bounded by the following coordinates – Link
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|General Security Warning: Incidents which do not fit in the other categories, but enhance the situational awareness, e.g. flag state advisories or an attack on a non- commercial vessel such as a warship.|
|Maritime Information Advisory: Notable maritime updates e.g., Military exercises, Curfews and Advisories.|
What next – contact us
Please get in touch for further information and to discuss your requirements.